April 16, 2021
WEDGEWOOD PLACE IS A 55+ COMMUNITY CONSISTING OF 145 RESIDENCES
Like all 55+ communities, Wedgewood Place follows NJ State requirements including mandated residents’ age restrictions. There are Rules and Regulations to ensure that the residential appeal & integrity of the community is maintained and that we conform with our original legal charter.
The following are just a few keypoints that the perspective new Buyers should understand before purchasing a house here:
· All new homeowners must reside in their home for a period of three (3) years before being permitted to lease, rent, lease with option to purchase or otherwise grant to any person any rights to use or occupy the home.
· Residents are responsible to maintain the exteriors of their homes and their surrounding shrubs and trees & their sprinkler systems.
· The Home Owners Association (HOA) provides contracted services for fertilizing and lawn cutting for all properties. Also, the HOA will provide contracted services for snow removal once amounts are in excess of four inches. (Brick Township is responsible for street services.)
· All owners of homes within Wedgewood Place will automatically be members of the Home Owners Association.
· There is a mandatory monthly HOA fee. This covers the lawn & snow services and the maintenance of all “common properties” including the Club House & Pool. (There is a one-time HOA fee of $1,500 for all new residences.)
· Any exterior changes to residences and their properties (i.e. landscaping, shrubs & trees) must be pre-approved by our Covenants Committee & comply with the “Rules & Regulations”. (Covenants Applications can be found in Club House front foyer.)
· No fabricated fence, hedge or growing fence may be erected.
· A room addition on the Wedgewood models constructed without a family room could be considered, but may not exceed the width and length of the original residence. Pre-approval & township permits are required.
· Decks and patios are allowed, but there are restrictions on size and types of building materials allowed. A township building permit is also required.
· Decks and patios cannot be enclosed. A fully retractable awning is permitted. (Window awnings are not permitted.)
· A maximum of two (2) dogs or cats, or other household pets may be kept. Doghouses and other shelters are prohibited. – All pets must be leashed with a maximum of six (6) feet. Pets should not be tethered on their lawns, nor should they be allowed to roam at will over their lawns.
· No commercial vehicles may park overnight. No boats, trailers, campers or mobile homes may be parked on any part of the property except on designated areas.
· The Seller has a copy of the Rules and Regulations that should be transitioned to the Buyer at the time of the Sale. Otherwise a copy can be obtained from Cambridge Management for a fee.